Monday, December 31, 2007

Drama versus Amazement, Dave McKnight, Surf the Big Wave, Pay for WiFi?, Albert Einstein, A Tale of Two John’s, Rowdy Likes Jack

Aloha!

This is my last blog entry for 2007. I will endeavor to keep the verbosity to a minimum. I can elaborate on my minimally, verbose, blog entry if you bait me.

I am not sorry that my brain cancer has not been full of more drama than I have written about. I spoke to Dave McKnight yesterday from 6 Main South at Sacred Heart Medical Center yesterday. We were discussing politics, morality, and arguing respectfully with each other about if Dave or I were tougher. The argument ended in a draw and consensus. We are both very, very tough. It is uncanny how we agree on so many diverse subjects.

We were recalling our training, and in particular, “sweeping the objective” during a raid or ambush. You would be amazed at how two nice guys like Dave McKnight and Jack Burton can sweep an objective ruthlessly, without brutality, and without drama. I will not go into our combat training because I feel it is inappropriate for an inspirational blog entry. Let me just say, the American Fighting Man is smart, tough and should only be trifled with the most serious of intents. I may go into training on my other blog.

Amazement is my attitude towards combating brain cancer. I do not have the energy for drama, worry, regrets, or distraction. My mission, with the help of my friends, is to cure cancer. I plan on curing cancer with wonder, amazement, toughness, courage, fun, help, and love. There may not be any drama in curing my cancer, but I do not believe it will be boring. In fact, the supreme consciousness has seen fit to make Brain Cancer my big wave. I plan on surfing this wave to the beach of health, peace, and love.

Pay for WiFi? Jack does not pay for it. I am sitting outside one of my free WiFi hotspots. I no longer buy coffee or other merchandise from businesses that provide WiFi for a price.

Eugene, Oregon WiFi spots that Rock! Supreme Bean, Brewed Awakening, Allann Bros, 5th Street Market Cafe Level, and SeQuential Biofuel Station. Do not believe the boloney about biofuel raising the price of food. Do not bait me into the price of subsidizing farmers for not growing food, human quality food versus fuel quality energy, or renewable resources versus non-renewable resources. The problem is only as complex as you wish to make it.

My good friend Albert Einstein wrote, "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler. "

"Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. "

"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. "

"Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking."

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. "

"Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized. "

"Force always attracts men of low morality. "

"God may be subtle, but he isn't plain mean. "

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. "

"He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed. "
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/a/albert_einstein.html

Today another “John” almost took my labs for me. Darn it, another needle stick for Jack Burton. The other John was nice and he did receive a healing shake of the hand from yours truly. I am the cure for cancer!

Rowdy the part Dachshund, Chihuahua likes Jack Burton. He is a little jumpy but he has gotten used to my patient, feeding hand. Rowdy is a good boy.

Be well, Peace and Love, and Happy New Year to all!!!!!!!!!!!

Jack Burton
“It distracts me when you rub up against me like that.”

No comments: