Thursday, December 27, 2007

Exercise, Curing Cancer, Radiation Oncologist, The Power of Help, I Feel the Love, Commonalities, Cooperation, Saccidananda, 5 Ws, Yoda

Happy, happy, happy, loving New Year to the Earth,

I have been exercising intensely on my road bicycle trainer and doing yoga everyday. I attribute whipping this cold that has annoyed me since Friday night to sweating and positive energy. It is important for me to be well, especially now, because my radiation treatment mask fits so tightly it is currently impossible for me to open my mouth to exchange any air to maintain life functions.

We are curing cancer. When I met with the Willamette Valley Cancer Center employees yesterday I was feeling especially good. I lost track of how many times I said something like, “Let’s cure some cancer today.” I am in that epic struggle between life and cancer and by golly, gee willakers, I am going to have fun curing cancer.

I met with my Radiation Oncologist, Dr. Light Giver Cardinal, and yesterday. Dr. Cardinal received his B.S. degree from my alma mater’s arch rival, Stanford. We joked about Cal and Stanford at our first meeting. I think Dr. Cardinal is a super man.

Yesterday Dr. Cardinal talked about my treatment plan and explained the big math in terms I trust and understand. Dr. Cardinal asked me how I was feeling and how I was managing the over hour long trip to daily radiation treatment from my home, on top of a mountain on the clean, beautiful, McKenzie River.

I informed Dr. Light Giver Cardinal that I asked for, accepted, and I am receiving help from members of my mountain bike group, The Disciples of Dirt. We talked about the power of accepting help and I shared that receiving help presents opportunities to help others. One of the most beautiful aspects of Receiving Help is the way the helped can make the help giver feel. The Power of Help is the good, loving feeling that is offered to the helper. The helper has an opportunity to tangibly help someone they love and the helper has a concrete manifestation of their assistance to another who is benefiting from love and help.

I sincerely informed Dr. Light Giver of the immense gratitude I have for the loving, caring, professional and skillful efforts of Willamette Valley Cancer Center. I felt Dr. Light Giver expand with even more love and he expressed his sincere gratitude for me verbalizing my appreciation for the Willamette Valley Cancer Center Efforts.

I feel the love from all the positive thoughts and prayers. This goodness is very helpful to me, thank you. I relish the time when I will be able to thank you personally and wrap you up in my loving arms. Getting back to work, rehabbing my left knee from surgery, this little waltz I am enjoying with brain cancer is taking up most of my day. I am looking forward to 2008 and enjoying freshly squeezed lemonade on my back porch. I have two humming bird feeders and I just love watching those beautiful, tough, little birds go about their daily lives.

I see more commonalities than differences in people. I am starting a new book that has traced the DNA of human kind to a common point of origin. I find this fascinating because I clearly see that individual humans have more common characteristics than differences. I will go into this idea more on my new blog as well as in the compatibility of Collaboration, Cooperation, Compassion and Competition.

I have given my new blog a name and a theme. The theme of this blog you are reading is love, gratitude, courage, and inspiration. My new blog will be all about love, courage, inspiration, and changing the world to a sustainable, courageous, loving paradigm. I have watched for too long self serving individuals and national, corporate, and world leaders make decisions that do not benefit the greater good of our Earth, our nation, or our communities. Now is the time for me to weigh in on the issues with my substantial power and influence. Every blog entry I make will be ethically, logically, morally, and legally defensible and supported by facts. My efforts will be peacefully resistant but make no mistake; my efforts will not be passive.

A list of topics I would like to cover by Valentine’s Day is:
“ ‘isms, ‘ans, ‘ats, ‘ions, ‘ists and It Aint Me “
Civil Liberties, Security, and Peaceful Resistance
Education and Our Children
Globalization and Security
The Environment and Sustainability
Energy and Power
Healthcare and Morality
Defense and Peace
Drugs and Poisons
Government and Reason

Ten topics may be a bit ambitious to cover by February 14, 2008 but the Earth is worth my effort. If I should not achieve my intended result of 10 topics covered I will still be successful because for me what I do is important, when I do things is important, where I do things is important, why I do what I do is important. My writing will always be supported by fact, not by spin or fear. Some of you will find my writings to be self evident truths. After all it was Pantajali as translated by Saccidananda that wrote, “There is only one truth but many paths to the truth.”

The most important of the “5 Ws” is not a W at all. How I do things is what defines me. My intent, timing, location, and my results are all very important. What defines me as a person is my love, courage, compassion, wisdom, restraint of power, selflessness, humor, and believe it or not, humility. The ends never justify the means.

Please take a gander at my new blog I should be starting by 2008. Please comment on any inconsistencies, errors, and agreement or disagreement. Your opinions are valued. I have found many times that true growth and wisdom comes from challenging my experiences and teachings. Yoda said to Luke Skywalker, “You must unlearn what you have learned.” I have unlearned so much dogma poopie in my life. I believe that some of Yoda’s dialogues are very true. I will cite more than one PHD recipient in my new blog as well as some of my old favorites, like Mark Twain, Albert Einstein, Benjamin Franklin, George Washington, Pelagius, Jesus, the Buddha, Gandhi, Howard Zhin, John Kennedy, Eleanor Roosevelt, to name just a few.

This blog is about feeling good. Not just feeling good but feeling love and giving love, appreciating miracles, and always, always, always, keeping hope alive.

Be well,
Jack Burton
“What! What will not come out again?”

No comments: