Saturday, December 15, 2007

James Brown, The Battle of Evermore, Jackie Chan, Blog Break, Medical Marijuana, Let the Treatments Begin!

James Brown sang and I feel,
"Whoa! I feel good, I knew that I would, now
I feel good, I knew that I would
So good, so good, I got you
So good, so good, I got you
So good, so good, I got you
HEY!!"

I may take the weekend off for a Blog Break. I think I'll use some of my weekend time to do yoga Saturday morning, do some holiday shopping http://eugenesaturdaymarket.org/, holiday decorate, and build two gates for my dog run area. I also want to compile my first draft of the story and create a blog entry entitled, "I have been training my entire life for a challenge like this. I am mentally, physically, and spiritually ready." Y'all, my allies, are strong with the force. We are ready. Let us Go For It!

Led Zeppelin wrote a gorgeous song, "The Battle of Evermore", http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/ledzeppelin/thebattleofevermore.html , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Battle_of_Evermore . Many people, including yours truly, believe this 1971 song was inspired by J.R.R. Tolkien's masterpiece, "The Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers". The song is about the battle between King Theodin's human forces of Rohan with a contingent of elven soldiers, and the ex White Wizard Saruman's legions of Uruk-hai (Orcs on steroids). The battle took place on Pelinor Fields, in The Battle of Helm's Deep.

I also believe the song may be a prophetic reference of our fight with gioblastoma multiforme, a highly malignant but non metastatic brain cancer. Below are excerpts from the song but I encourage you to follow the links above to the entire work of art Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones, and John Bonham chose to share with us in one of the best albums of all time, the fourth album released by Led Zeppelin. This album has been referred to as, "ZOSO", "Led Zeppelin IV", or "A bunch of symbols and no one knows what the name of the album is".

"The Queen of Light took her bow, And then she turned to go,
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, And walked the night alone.

Oh, dance in the dark of night, Sing to the morning light.
The dark Lord rides in force tonight, And time will tell us all.

Side by side we wait the might of the darkest of them all.

I'm waiting for the angels of Avalon, waiting for the eastern glow.

Oh dance in the dark of night, Sing to the morning light.
The magic runes are writ in gold to bring the balance back. Bring it back.

At last the sun is shining, The clouds of blue roll by, With flames from the dragon of darkness, the sunlight blinds his eyes"

Let the Treatments Begin! Sunday Night I start my chemotherapy of Enzastaurin and Temozolomide (magic runes). Monday afternoon I meet with my nutritionist and take my first 15 minute treatment of radiation or as I like to refer to radiation as "The sunlight blinds the Lord of Darkness' (Brain Cancer) eyes.

Later on in the afternoon I meet with my most excellent Rehabilitation Medicine Physician, Dr. Scared to Loose Money to Jack on the Golf Course (Dr. SLM*). Medical Marijuana, http://www.oregon.gov/DHS/ph/ommp/docs/mmact475.pdf, was also prescribed for nausea, pain, and to make music sound even better. Just kidding about the Medical Marijuana, http://www.oregon.gov/DHS/ph/ommp/475a.shtml and my golfing reference to Dr. SLM*. Dr. SLM* may just be able to school me (Prince of Peace) in the mysterious ways of that seductive mistress we afflicted, fortunate ones refer to as "golf". Zofran has been prescribed for nausea.

I am getting a trainer for my excellent, newly rebuilt road bike to pump up my cardiovascular fitness for this battle with the dark lord gioblastoma multiforme. Medical Marijuana is legally indicated in my medical situation but I believe irritating my lungs with smoke will hinder my ability to breathe and assimilate prana (life force energy). I also do not want to throw in any new variables into the clinical studies I am honored to help the University of California, San Francisco Oncology (UCSF) with. I think if UCSF wants me to smoke dope as part of a clinical trial I would have to opt out because in my case, I will do better on my bicycle trainer than to pound my lungs with irritants.

Please, keep the prayers and positive thoughts and feelings coming you Angels of Avalon. Side by side we wait the might of the darkest of them all. Your blessings are palpable to me and I will use them like Jackie Chan uses common, house hold objects to defend himself in his enjoyable movies. I want positive thoughts, feelings, and prayers to be all our habits and manners of being (Jack's loose definition of Modus operandi) and thus common, consistent, beautiful and precious.

Oh dance in the dark of night, Sing to the morning light.
The magic runes are writ in gold to bring the balance back. Bring it back

Peace and Love,
Jack

1 comment:

Michael said...

Oh now, Oh now, Oh now oh
Oh now, Oh now, Oh now oh
Bing it, bring it bring it bring it Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!

Here for you bro always!