Thursday, December 20, 2007

Presents, Radiation, Reiki, U2, Disciples of Dirt, What You Love Is Your Own Power

Aloha,

Yesterday was a great day. With the help of my mom, my presents were wrapped for my girls, Saint Artemis Azure Roculus, and for the Disciples of Dirt (DOD) holiday party gift exchange. I was busy all day and made my follow up appointments at University of California, San Francisco for early February.

My radiation treatment went great today. I listened to Primus during the healing session and concentrated on breathing exercises (Pranyama) and meditation (Dharana). Concentrating on breathing makes me forget about how uncomfortable my tight fitting, magnificently handsome, lovely mask is. Self love is a good thing and the extremely form fitting mask ensures the healing rays of energy go exactly where the healing is needed. I feel good.

I was blessed to be able to make my Reiki healing group for the first time since early November. It was my honor to have several beautiful spirits working on me at once. I feel very strong and powerful after the loving efforts that this group bestowed upon me. I dig hanging out with these wonderful, enjoyable, kind, people. I have not figured out the math yet, but I know what we do is real, it works, and it helps people on all levels.

Here is a very quick definition of Reiki and all of you know I have a gift for verbosity. Would you like me to elaborate on my verbosity. I can and usually tell you what I am about to tell you, actually tell you what I want to tell you, and then I will tell you what I told you. I suppose that is part of my Army training and my good friend from the Army, Dave McKnight, received and exhibits the same habits. Except with each other. We see eye to eye in that whole manner that Dave is a little better than half a foot taller than me.

The word Reiki is made of two Japanese words - Rei which means "God's Wisdom or the Higher Power" and Ki which is "life force energy". So Reiki is actually "spiritually guided life force energy."

The following is an excerpt from the U2 album The Joshua Tree (1987) and the song "Exit".

His head it felt heavy
As he cut across the land
He went deeper into black
Deeper into white...he could see
The stars shine
Like nails in the night
He felt the healing
Healing, healing, healing
Hands of love
Like the stars shiny, shiny...
]From above.

I left the Reiki gathering a little early to attend the Disciples of Dirt (DOD) holiday party. I had a great time and got to tell a story of Love. I feel very lucky. The DOD has been in existence for 20 years now and there were four original members of the DOD in attendance at the party. It was way cool to hang with these wonderful people again. The love the DOD has for our forest trails and each other is palpable. I put myself out there and asked the DOD for some help. The DOD came through and has saved my life a second time. I will elaborate on the life savings in a future post.

I love the lyrics from the last track of Rush's album "2112" so very much I feel an irresistible urge to share the gorgeous lyrics with you. I think I'll listen to this song in tomorrow's radiation treatment.

"Something for Nothing". Words by Neil Peart, music by Geddy Lee

Waiting for the winds of change
To sweep the clouds away
Waiting for the rainbow's end
To cast it's gold your way
Countless ways
You pass the days

Waiting for someone to call
And turn your world around
Looking for an answer to
The question you have found
Looking for
An open door

You don't get something for nothing
You don't get freedom for free
You won't get wise
With the sleep still in your eyes
No matter what your dreams might be

What you own is your own kingdom
What you do is your own glory
What you love is your own power
What you live is your own story

In your head is the answer
Let it guide you along
Let your heart be the anchor
And the beat of your own song

Be well and happy winter solstice.

Jack Burton
"I only drive as fast as I can see and it is all in the reflexes"

1 comment:

Sean said...

Your treatments sound like quite an experience. Stay positive! I'm sure it can be a challenge. The mask seems pretty awkward. It seems like it is a helmet. They should fit it with earphones. You seem to be better prepared for Christmas than we are back in NC.

I am not sure how to send email to you directly, otherwise I would have sent to you earlier. I just found out recently about your condition. I hope you are doing better. I visit your blog every day and look forward to your entries.

Take care and stay fit.

Your friend Sean