Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Word Salad Tossed With Jack Dressing, Identity, Is it easy to be me?, 100 Beats Per Minute, Jack’s Four B’s of health (Breathing, Bowles, Bones, Brain

Aloha,

Word Salad:Identity, Communication, Esteem, Sustainability, 1 million years, geologic time, galactic time, clean, grandchildren, hope, love, dreams, privilege, profit, environment, ecology, conservation, clean, human, human rights, civil rights, morality Appreciation, Capability, Space and Time Perception, The balance, Quantum Mechanics and General Relativity, Goodness, Paradigms

I am doing something a little bit different today. Above are some words not entirely picked by random. Put the words together for you if you would like.

Who am I? I used to identify with exercise and health. My identity has experienced a transformation since June 10, 2007. That day is the day I experienced a bike wreck and the paramedics report says I was having seizures at the scene of the accident on beautiful, scenic highway 242 in the Oregon Cascades. I broke my back, received a concussion, bruised my lung, lacerated my liver and had road rash and other icky stuff. At least one oncologist believes I had enough brain tumor cells to have caused seizure activity that led to the bike wreck. I believe June 10, 2007 was day one of serious symptoms of brain cancer.

It would be a stretch to consider two brain surgeries, 1 knee surgery three hospitalizations within about a year a picture of health. I promised my Drs. I would not exercise intensely for awhile. Sunday I monitored my heart rate rise to about 100 beats per minute by merely walking my two, beautiful, German Shepherd Dogs, "Mojo" and "Salena", by the South Fork of the Yuba River. I did keep my intracranial pressure low as I worked on some gentle yoga routines for people just getting into yoga or people dealing with injuries.

Esteem could be defined as value but I like the definition of regard or affection. Working on the quantum mechanics level we can help people feel good by establishing our own self esteem. By feeling good about ourselves we put that energy out in the environment and people around us, feel good. It works with dogs and cats too. Practice makes permanent. Practice what you want in life.

Is it easy to be me? Every morning I get up and set my intention for the day, “What am I capable of today?” “What can I do that is fun, today?” “What should I do to heal, today?” “How may I help others, today?” As soon as I wake up, I am in a state of mindful awareness keeping my intracranial pressure as low and regular as is practicable and altering the pressure to keep the breathing system working properly. I use Eintstein's theory of general relativity and especially gravity to my benefit when I can. I do not always do the calculus but the general gist of universal principals is enough. Jack lumps the entire cardiopulmonary vascular system into the breathing system much of the time. Too many systems get complex for me to manage mindfully. Input and output, bowels, is important to me. Maintaining teeth and keeping fresh, natural, healthy foods in my system while keeping unprescribed chemicals such as artificial flavors, colors, and preservatives out of my system is important to me because I do not want my colon, liver, skin, or kidneys distracted from curing cancer. I walk and move generally with thought of proper alignment of my bones. I cannot do activity that I love like intense bike riding, running, or intense yoga but I can walk around. My energy is low but it is fun to feel a rib fall into correct alignment or feel the head of the humorous tuck up into the sweet spot in my shoulder. What good are brains? I believe the brains can help with initiating action to my other systems. The brain is also a marvelous gatherer of information like sight, sound, smell, feeling, and taste. I have been preoccupied with brain stuff lately. I suppose the nervous system is a fairly important system in the human body. Perhaps I will share how to take care of the brains if I figure out how to take care of my brain for myself. Perhaps it is as simple as resting and not over thinking everything? I do practice powerful, good thoughts to pull myself out of my head and get into my body thus resting the thinking bone.

Check out the Center for Disease Control Website, http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvbid/plague/index.htm. There are cases of Bubonic Plague every year in the United States and world wide. This is just a factoid I thought was interesting and wanted to share. I read a book on the San Francisco Plague of 1890-1908 or so. I had never heard of this plague. I suppose plague is boring compared to Earthquake and fire. I found the economics, ignorance, politics, science, and efforts fascinating in working the problem.

I want my posts to be relevant and fun for you. My time was wasted by a popular "news" program the other day so I am mindful to give you something you can use if only that I believe I am healing and I am keeping up the good fight against the odds of curing the incureable.

Peace and Love,

Jack

No comments: