Sunday, August 3, 2008

Musical Hallucinations, Yoga Grand Mal Seizure, Prepared for Brain Surgery

The recent events that led up to my surgery tomorrow, August 4, 2008, in chronological order are:

July 12, 2008: I had a grand mal seizure in my Saturday morning yoga class after sharing with two of my most excellent Anusara yoga instructors that I was experiencing musical hallucinations. I was trying to “follow” the musical hallucination to see if I could associate the phenomena with a movie or an experience. I have not been able to associate the hallucination with any specific event.

My excellent yoga class took good care of me during the grand mal and had the paramedics get me to the Sacred Heart Medical Center’s Emergency Room.

I have been on seizure medications since July 12.

July 18, 2008: I had an MRI and follow up oncology appointment at the University of California Medical Center. The MRI indicated that the clinical trial I am on is ineffective and that I will be on a new clinical trial with a vaccine made from my own tumor. I am affectionately referring to the vaccine as McKenzie River Valley Jack 2008. I think this vaccine is going to be the silver bullet that will cure the cancer between my ears.

How does one prepare for brain surgery? Do yoga, teach yoga, trail run in the Willamette National Forest with your beautiful 10 year old German Shepherd Dog, “Mojo”, eat natural foods, get rest, and tap into the goodness within us and all around us. There are also a ton of Drs. Appointments, work human resources stuff, and insurance stuff to attend to. I did golf 18 holes with a friend yesterday and made some gorgeous shots. Golf was a great distraction from the thoughts of having someone I just met cracking open my skull and removing pieces of Jack out of my skull.

I would write more but I am fatigued from pre surgery stuff and I am looking forward to relaxing for surgery tomorrow morning.

I do have something to share with you all. My cancer is actually Electroids from Planet 10 by way of the Eighth Dimension. Dr. Parsa is a master of Sinanju and with me being a Jedi Knight, I believe we will enjoy a curative outcome and meet the challenge with love, strength, courage, power, skill, speed, creativity, stamina, and we will have fun curing the incurable.

Jack “Buckaroo Bonzai” Burton
"It takes love, courage or genius to make things smaller, simpler, or peaceful."

No comments: