Friday, January 11, 2008

Work, McKnight Magic Bus, No Headstands, Master Be, Slaves & Bulldozers, New Paradigm

Star Date 200801112318

This image of me is from November 17, 2007. You can clearly see the leg brace on my left knee I am wearing to stay compliant with Dr. Goodknife's medical instructions. Note the attractive red bandanna my trustee German Shepherd Dog "Mojo" is wearing. "Good Boy Mojo." Mojo and I are walking out to our car from the McKenzie River Cafe to buy Artemis breakfast moments before having a thinking induced seizure that left me in a puddle of water in the parking lot.


This is me as late as January 11, 2008 leaving the Willamette Valley Cancer Center in Eugene after Radiation Therapy on my way up river to my home in McKenzie Bridge, Oregon. You can clearly see the radiation induced baldness on the side of my head. The chicks dig my new baldness. Some have inferred that Dr. Frankenstein's emergency craniotomy has had an effect on my fashion sense. I think I have always been a fashion guru and on the cutting edge of all that is fashionable. You would be amazed at how often Ralph Loren, Calvin Klein, Dino De Laurentis, Christian Dior, Pery Ellis, Gloria Vanderbuilt, Liz Claiborne, and Vera Wang drop by my 2 bedroom, one bath, mountain top, McKenzie River home for fashion tips or just to see what I am wearing. The parties we have when they all drop by unannounced at the same time are epic. Good thing for me they all drink cheap, domestic beer. These tweakers never bring their own beer.

"Be careless in your dress if you will, but keep a tidy soul." Mark Twain

What a day I had today. I did good work today for my job. I love my job. I spoke with a few coworkers including Solomon Hawking. I spoke with a client and confirmed our understanding of our work and the time constraints we are going to meet.

Dave McKnight called to pump me up today. Dave recently saw the movie "Sniper" with Tom Beringer. The movie shows a scene in Panama City, Panama with the McKnight Magic Bus in it. When Dave McKnight and I were occupying Panama from 1983 -1985, the Magic Buses were marvelously colorful, salsa music blaring, converted school buses that were used for the city's mass transit. The bus highlighted in the movie "Sniper", showed Rambo with an M-60 machine gun on the back of the bus. Dave and I both remember this very same bus. Good times eh McKnight?

I called my neuro surgeon today, Dr. Frankenstein. I was unable to talk to Dr Frankenshtone but was able to speak with Dr. Fronkinsteen's nurse, Frau Blucher. Over the whinny of horses, I told Frau that I was a yogi like no other. I asked Frau over the whinny of horses, if I could start doing headstands as part of my daily practice. After the whinnying died down Frau said she would have to ask Dr. Freakadelicioustein that question. I said, "Frau, you must get this question from Dr. Fromageomelette's patients all the time." After substantial whinnying from the horses, Frau, and yours truly, Frau confided in me that headstands have not been asked for, nor prescribed by the good doctor. In exchange for Frau videotaping Dr. Frankenstein's response from my irregular question, I have reluctantly agreed to do no headstands until the good Doctor gives me the thumbs up. I find the thought of the right side of my skull collapsing while I am doing a headstand very thrilling. But alas, I have agreed to be the nice, thoughtful, compliant patient until December 2008 for my oncologists, radiation oncologist, neuro surgeon, rehabilitation medicine physician, and orthopedic surgeon. Perhaps I need another physical system to break down so I can practice being a non-compliant patient?

Master Be called me last night and we had a wonderful time catching up. Master Be always was and is a good person. We had a great laugh reminiscing his gorgeous side kick that sent me flying through the air like an eagle, and when I landed, skidding along on my rear like a dog with worms across Master Buffalo's studio. I laughed, because I can now, about the weeks and weeks it took for my busted up ribs to heal. Ahhhh... the good ol' days. I miss those days when every inhale and exhale hurt. When it hurt to lay down. We had some great times. Thank you for the training, sir.

Master Be and I also reflected on our Quantum Physics and how it was no surprise to me that Master Be attracted a fabulous woman into his life. Master Be, you draw goodness to you like sweet nectar draws a beautiful hummingbird.

I like these lyrics to this song. I have paraphrased the song a little to emphasize what I want.
“Slaves & Bulldozers”, Soundgarden Badmotorfinger (1991)
Every word I said is what I mean
Everything I gave is what I need
Everything I've held is what I've freed
Everything I've shown is what I feel

The song is very powerful and has more to it but the lyrics get a little negative without the music. Suffice it to say, things do not bode well for greedy, unloving, self serving folk. Are we as a world on the verge of a loving, new paradigm for living with each other and our neighbors in this world? I believe so. How do I know with so much confidence and certainty? I am curing brain cancer here and I know stuff. "I know stuff." like 75-year Old George from "The Postman" with Kevin Costner said, "I know stuff. "

Peace & Love
JC

No comments: