Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Day of Rest, Scar Massage, Day of Rest, Pill Popping Schedule, Healthy as a Bull Elk in It's Prime, Cancer Inconvenience, No Wine for the Wicked

Aloha!

I did not exercise today the first day of 2008. Today was a day of rest. I honored the fatigue I was feeling and just took it easy. I spent a good part of the day cracking jokes with other internet using caffeine fiends. I wrote a long, diatribe on my personal recollection of 2007. I did a couple hours of programming and testing for work, and took a hot tub, twice.

I have started massaging my scalp and knee scar. One of my precious, licensed massage therapists showed me a cool technique where gentle tension can be used to release adhesion. My Omega shaped, head scar has some strong adhesion to the underlying tissue. I feel the gentle tension is working to allow the scar to slip more on the underlying fascia, muscle, and bone. I figure by the end of radiation on February 5, 2008.
, I should have a fully functioning skull. I believe my neurologist, Dr. Tiger Von Frankenstein, will be pleased. I watched a cool television program on the Public Broadcasting System (PBS) on brain plasticity today.

I do not want to leave Dr. Goodknife out so I have started gently massaging one of my knee scars. I have a super cool scar over the left, medial collateral ligament that I am gently massaging this way, cool scar, regularly. My left wheel feels light, strong, powerful, and fast. I am practicing my kicks one quarter to one half speed. Mostly I am working on proper alignment and target.

I probed my heart but I am certain there are no scars on my heart. My heart is healthy and very strong physically and spiritually. Massage feels good especially on healthy tissue.

I have been popping my expensive, cancer fighting drugs on schedule and as directed by Dr. 'Prettiest Name Ever' Monticelli (my oncologist extraordinaire). I have had no adverse side effects that I have noted. My blood results indicate I am stronger than a healthy, bull elk in it
's prime. I feel a little protective of these drugs that are worth more than my mountain bike monetarily.

Cancer is very inconvenient. Modifying one’s life just to stay alive is most bothersome. I do appreciate the help I have received from family, friends, and my awesome community of Lane County, Oregon. Making daily radiation therapy appointments when I live an hour away from treatment in good weather is logistically challenging. My friends have helped me out tremendously in this regard with nice, warm places to stay in town. My mother is taking care of my two dogs for at least another couple of weeks up on my mountain top home next to the beautiful, clean McKenzie River.

Taking drugs on schedule is new to me. I did not do many drugs until cancer. I mostly only did caffeine, alcohol, and processed sugar. I have not had any alcohol since before November 1, 2007. I do not miss the alcohol. I only miss the camaraderie that alcohol tends to foster. There are other, healthier, sustainable ways to expand one's consciousness and feelings other than drugs.

Peace and Love,
Jack Burton (Airborne Pathfinder)
"There are many paths to truth including a pathless route."

No comments: