Monday, January 28, 2008

Lexus Shmexus , Dr. Goodknife, Putt and Chip, Gratitude for Parents, Inclusive Attitude, Satisfaction

Aloha!

On my drive today through the snow up in McKenzie Bridge down to see Dr. Goodknife, my orthopedic surgeon, a Lexus was doing about 25 miles per hour in a 55 mile per zone. This gorgeous, late model, automobile was holding up a Fed Ex truck, a late model Honda Accord, and a super cool, black, 1998 VW Jetta GLX, me. I was held up for about 30 seconds. The yellow, double line that was painted on the dry road last summer was shiny with water but gave way to a shiny, wet with water, broken yellow line. The thermometer on my fine, German automobile’s computer indicated that the outside temperature was 37 degrees. I shifted into third gear and my responsive, 172 horsepower VR6 motor effortlessly passed the three vehicles politely and with awe inspiring power. As I passed the Lexus Shmexus, I could not help reading the Shmexus driver's mind. The driver thought, “Nice car. What does the driver of the Jetta know that I do not know? This road is scary. What if the Jetta hits ice or Oregon experiences a freak meteor shower?”

Dr. Goodknife likes my knee and reminded me to wear my leg brace. I will start wearing my leg brace again and limit my exercise to bicycling motions and non-ballistic yoga. My knee feels strong but I will not be golfing until at least March 11, 2008. I may putt and chip before then but I will keep my motions non ballistic.

I have so much gratitude for my Mom and Dad. They have given me great comfort and powerful confidence to battle cancer. Mom has taken care of my dogs and home during my entire radiation treatment. During most of radiation therapy, I have been staying with very, good friends who have given me great comfort and lots of laughs. My father has been great and has reminded me of my own lessons on patience and humor. My parents are very good people and I love them very much. I am very proud of my family, friends, home, and life decisions.

I am going to make my writing reflect an inclusive attitude. Much of the world lends itself well for satirical writing and I may write a little satire if I think the effort will pay a medical co-payment. I like to write with love and inclusiveness. Bait me, and I have some satire in my pocket ready to roll immediately.

Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment. Full effort is full victory.”
Mohandas K. Gandhi

“We are defined by the manner in which we live and do things. Victory is hollow if the means to attain victory were violent, wasteful, or only benefited a privileged few.”
Me

Peace and Love,
Jack GLX
“It takes courage, genius, or love to make things simpler, smaller, and peaceful.”

1 comment:

David M. said...

I know how you drive...I know what the Lexus driver was thinking :)

All set for Yosimite, Carmel and Laguna. I'm going to Vegas on the way home, I have to watch Donnie and Marie with the family! Ouch!!!

Remember when we went to Nashville for the Aerosmith concert and watched the Nuge sling some arrows?
It seems like only yesterday:(


Call me sometime.

David M.