Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Babylon, Great Day, Oakway Fitness, Fly Fishing, Pirate

Star Date 200801072114
Babble On, Great Day,

I must respond to a beloved commenter that accurately described my communication skills as being a chaotic babble. I think Led Zeppelin sang my tail best and my propensity to babble beautifully in their song “Babylon” off of there fourth album they titled, “Ha ha ha ha, Silly Humans Will Guess at the Title of This Album for Decades!”.

Mine's a tale that can't be told, my freedom I hold dear
How years ago in days of old when magic filled the air
'twas in the darkest depths of Mordor, mm-I met a girl so fair
but Gollum and the evil one crept up and slipped away with her
her, her, yeah, and ain't nothin' I can do, no

I guess I'll keep on babblin', I'm gonna
Sing my song/Sh-yeah-yeah-yeah-yeah, I've gotta find my baby
I'm gonna babble on, sing my song
Gonna work my way all around the world
Baby, baby/Babble on, yeah

What a great day it was today. The snow dumped at my home in McKenzie Bridge. It took me and my mother about a half hour to get my way cool, black, 1998, VW, Jetta GLX, with the 5 speed, leather, Bose stereo, and sunroof, to the road through the deep snow. That VW VR6 is an awesome motor. Awwww…..but I babble on and on and on.

I started a month membership at Oakway Fitness in Eugene. Oakway Fitness is less than a half mile from my radiation treatments. Exercise makes me feel good. I joke with people that I feel good and sometimes very good. Exercise makes me feel very good. Oakway is a nice, clean, club. It is well maintained, has much to offer, and the staff is nice.

As far as fishing goes…I love fly fishing with my younger brother. Who caught the biggest trout in Alaska Bro? Don’t answer. Who caught the most Coho Salmon, bro? You can answer this question. Who was wet fly fishing for grayling with a 4 weight rod when the grayling were rising to dry flies? OK, that question is not fair. Many times the bigger fish will take wet flies and shun dry flies. I say “so what.” Dry fly fishing from a float tube is fun.

I think I’ll buy a bandanna today. My hair is getting thin from the radiation and I think the pirate look suites me.

Peace and love,

Captain Jack Sparrow

No comments: