Saturday, January 5, 2008

Work and curing cancer, Away from My Head, Pathfinder, Your Childrens' Children, Long Live My Care Givers!

Happy New Year Everyone!


I believe my blogging will decrease somewhat in the near future but will pick up again after I have received all 33 of my radiant beams of healing energy from the good people at Willamette Valley Cancer Center. I have officially completed one third of my radiation treatments.

Between work and curing cancer, my whole day is taken. Travelling to an internet cafe, setting up my work station, exercising, and other normal bodily functions takes a bit of time. I am back to work eight hours a day. Cancer radiation treatments takes over an hour which included the travel time. Thank goodness for my friends setting me up with house sitting, dog sitting, and house guesting gigs in town. This kindness saves me the treacherous, snowy, icy, rainy, 1 hour and 15 minute drive form my home to the Radiation Tower of Healing Light.

I like to exercise at least an hour a day but I think the cancer curative properties of exercise peak at a little over 2 to 3 hours per day. I like to sleep every night as well and chit chat with a friend or two or three or four or five......

The most important part of my cancer cure is talking to friends, family, community, and care givers. I feel the goodness from people, animals, and other environmental manifestations. Getting out of my head is important. Getting in touch with other entities pulls me back into my body and away from my head. My head is feeling a bit odd and I think I may have some swelling from the radiation and chemotherapy. I do not believe what I am feeling are good tissue being injured. I think what I feel is the cancer receding and withering away.


I think the swelling is from the cancer dying in place. I am a good runner so it will do no good for the cancer to run and hide although I would not fault the cancer's effort. Running and hiding is a legitimate, wise, and courageous fighting technique. However, I am an Airborne Pathfinder and I will hunt down my enemy and eliminate it if it is a threat to those I love. However, I will never ever incur collateral damage. Collateral damage is always avoidable and never acceptable. It is not what we do or why we do things that matters. How we do things defines us as human beings and a community.

I like the following lyrics from "We Can Run, But We Can't Hide", The Grateful Dead off of the beautiful album, "Built to Last"

We don't own this place, though we act as if we did,
It's a loan from the children of our children's kids.
The actual owners haven't even been born yet.

Long Live My Care Givers! They have given me great comfort. I get to refill my medications next week as I am going to run out soon. This is good because I get to consult with my pharmacist, Raquel Goodtime. I look for excuses to talk pharmaceuticals.

Be well,
Jack

1 comment:

Unknown said...

In all the 37 years I have known you, two things are certain: you babble and you are persistent. Never have I witnessed someone so determined, so driven or steadfast in his pursuit of what he wants. I am mostly referring to the countless fishing trips were I have spent hours waiting for you to come to the realisation that the fish just are not biting that day. Granted 9 out of 10 times, you did come away with something… even if it ended up being a 6 inch grayling.

As always, looking forward to more of your particular style of persistent babbling.