Thursday, November 13, 2008

MRI Results, Brain Surgery 11 AM PST, Major Tom

Aloha!

I feel good and strong! I am ready and believe I am going to achieve a great result from surgery tomorrow. Here is a lyric from David Bowie's "Major Tom a Space Oddity" about an astronaut I visualize in my MRI ride or even walking my dogs.
"“ am I floating round my tin can. Far above the Moon. Planet Earth is blue And there’s nothing I can do.
Ground Control to Major Tom. Commencing countdown, engines on. Check ignition and may God’s love be with you."

Usually before I have my one and a half hour MRI, I visualize blasting into space on a solo Apollo type of mission. The difference is all of you are in my head and heart so it is a good ride where I practice yogi breathing and meditation. I am flooded with warm, wonderful, memories and feelings and rarely remember that I am in the confining, MRI capsule to search for death. I don't worry about death. I have death by the head and I am pummeling it with a titanium fist. We have this cancer nearly figured out and I believe we will beat it with no side effect to the host, me. I am not resting except to cure cancer because the fish is still on. We still have some more effort but we are living strong! Thank you for the support. It is very helpful for me.

Today's MRI shows that there is increased blood flow to the two areas of interest on the MRI. The MRI indicated another brain surgery is a good idea. Increased blood flow tends to indicate new tumor growth but we are very new into my new clinical trial and the research into primary brain cancer so we could find something out entirely mind blowing through surgery. Tomorrow I am scheduled for a 11 AM surgery. I am ready and I believe that this surgery is exactly what we should do for me as a patient and for primary brain cancer research. I feel strong and believe that we will have a good outcome. I believe we will cure cancer in my body and I will be around for many more decades muddling through this wonderful life. I have all my surgery essentials like, Tibetan Hope Beads, Pictures of Pets, Friends, and Family, and a new, German Shepherd Dog, Puppy stuffed animal.

Perhaps there is another big Deschutes Rainbow in my near future on the end of my 3-weight fly rod? If not a big fish, looking up the Deschutes River Canyon is inspiring.

--Jack "The Comet" Burton
"It takes love, courage or genius to make things smaller, simpler, or peaceful."

No comments: