Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Finish What You Start, Patience and Compassion, Challenge, Sometimes an Adjective

Aloha!

I have been delighted to revisit with some of my martial arts practitioners in the last few hours. The martial arts practice is much of who I am. I have been recalling many of the lessons we learned including, “Finish What You Start.” Maybe I have started curing the deadliest manifestation of primary, brain cancer. I am going to make every effort to cure this cancer and win this fight. Maybe I I am a part of something even greater I can help finish to a good end?

I have found that practicing values like patience and compassion is more fun when challenged. Yes, I have slipped a couple of times in exercising patience and compassion but I found that the practice under difficulty is more rewarding than when given an easy situation. Life is an art and should be practiced.

I was walking Mojo and Salena this morning. Yes! I was able to walk my dogs another day and take them to go potty! I was thinking about precious moments. Sometimes an adjective will mess up a perfectly good noun. All our moments are precious. Moments when patience and compassion are tested are precious. It is fun for me to be aware of the preciousness of each moment. Ahhhhhhh!!!!!! That nice breath I effortlessly inhaled, retained, exhaled, and retained was delicious.

Peace and Love,
Jack “The Comet” Burton

No comments: