Wednesday, November 19, 2008

It is great to be home!, The Emperor's clothes, Little things, Final Pathology next week, Partying with Einstein, More Later this week

Aloha!

I was released from the hospital yesterday and went to a good friend's home in Danville, California with my father. We had some excitement as my clothes were lost for several hours. As we were pulling away from Walgreens down the block from the hospital with my brown bag, prescribed drugs, we received a call that my excellent boots, jeans, tie died socks, black leather belt, and shirt had been found! I was stoked!

I had a wonderful surgery and both my neuro-surgeon and neuro-oncologist were beaming and glowing with how well I seem to be healing and fighting this cancerous beasty. The little things are important to me like making my health care workers feel good about their important jobs and having my own clothes.

We should get some final pathology results early next week and I will share. Now this cancer has not been "cured" but maybe I will help unlock the puzzle. I hope we can unlock the puzzle next week but a realistic scenario is for me to keep on tapping into the goodness around me, practicing staying mentally, physically, and spiritually fit, and journeying into the unknown giving my healthcare professionals time to work with all the data and variables.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it? Albert Einstein

The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is comprehensible. Albert Einstein

I will write later about my most excellent hospital experience later. I am taking it easy and actively, relaxing my brain. It is good to be in Nevada City with my folks and dogs who were well taken care of while I was fighting cancer in the hospital. I may write a little story about whow the fight is going using allegory and military tactics to describe how I see the battle unfolding. Livestrong! Thank you for the support! It means very much for me and gives me power for the fight!

Peace and Love,
Jack "The Comet" Burton

No comments: