Monday, September 15, 2008

Enemies and the Dalai Llama, Jack’s Paraphrasing, Vaccination Tomorrow, Dog Paw, Time Heals, Still Not Inverted, Aristotle

I am reading a bunch of books now. One of the books I am reading is co-authored by His Holiness The Dalai Lama (HHTDL), “The Art of Happiness”. I am 2/3 of the way through and it is a good book. I am not a Buddhist nor a member of any giganormous religion but I suppose I take a bite from the smorgasbord of Buddhist teaching from time to time.

I will paraphrase from my reptilian, brained, memory what HHTDL has to teach about enemies. An enemy is valuable in that enemies teach patience and tolerance which are two indispensable traits necessary to become fully successful in practicing love and compassion. There is so much more and I highly recommend the book to all as you may be subjected to more of Jack’s paraphrasing soon. Keep an eye out for my synthesis of Voltaire’s and HHTDL’s quotes on “The Enemy”.

Tomorrow I get to go to San Francisco for my third, Jack, Brain, Tumor, vaccination. I feel good and it will be nice to be back in the Emerald City to see the Wizard of OZ for my Scarecrow Brain Treatments. Follow, Follow, Follow, Highway 20 to Yellow Brick Road Interstate 5 to Yellow Brick Road 80, To Highway 24, To Fell Street, To Stanyan, To Parnassus. OK, I missed a couple of roads, but the reindeer know the weigh to carry the sleigh.

“Mojo” has been limping. Because he is a German Shepherd Dog everybody asks about his hips which are OFA (Orthopedic Foundation of America) certified “good”. I say, “he just has a stone bruise or a cut or something I have not found yet in his dog paw. I have been resting him for a couple of days and he is doing well. It is true, sometimes time heals without surgical or pharmaceutical intervention.

I am doing yoga a little more vigorously but I have still not gone inverted.

Aristotle wrote something like, “We are what we practice. Excellence is therefore a habit and not an act.” Practice what you want to be and what you want from life.

Jack

No comments: