Thursday, May 29, 2008

Saturday Market, Clean Water, Yoga, Teaching Yoga, Dogs, No End In Sight, I think I am going to be a Presidential Appointee

Aloha!

Saturday Market last week was fun. I hung out for an hour while I was waiting for my Mom’s Amtrak train. I bought Mom a way cool set of earrings made out of recycled materials that will be perfect for the Fourth of July. Mom likes the earings.

I met Judy who is a five year colon cancer survivor at the market. Judy and I know what causes cancer is unclean air, water, and food. So what if there are other factors that may contribute to cancer formation? Are clean air, food, and water things most human beings value? Perhaps the best way to cure cancer globally is to prevent it? I just love inhaling a nice big breath of ionized McKenzie River Valley air while drinking a nice cold glass of my clean well water. I have been eating the food with food in it and not the food with artifial colors, flavoring, preservatives or other artificial food.

I have been taking as yoga classes as I have opportunities to. I am experiencing as many teachers as possible. I have a great admiration for the teachers who teach in the Anusara tradition.

I have taught one yoga class to about 20 people. Next Tuesday I teach my second class. It is my honor to be placed in the position of the teacher. I teach in the Anusara tradition and incorporate much of the Ashtanga teachings when sequencing postures. Next class I am going to walk around and offer individual refinements to students’ postures. I like offering suggestions to students to help them more fully manifest their asana.

My dogs are doing great. Salena is a little stiff in the mornings and on some of our walks but the 12 year old girl looks good and is happy. Mojo is awesome and is always ready to go for whatever. Mom put together a nice fruit plate for my neighbor that has been taking care of my dogs.

I saw a good documentary on the Iraq War titled “No End In Sight”. It documents many of the decisions made and the results of the decisions. One of the decisions mad was the presidential appointment of Jerry Bremer.

Jerry Bremer is trained in the art of culinary cooking and taught cooking classes in Vermont before being called to duty in Iraq[12]. From his extensive travels throughout the world, Bremer has mentioned that his favorite cuisines include French, Middle Eastern, and Chinese cuisines. He is also interested in gardening, and he owns a vegetable garden.

What are the salaries of presidential appointees? Presidential appointees are paid according to the Executive Schedule. There are five salary levels, ranging from $114,500 to $157,000. Of course there is per diem, all expenses paid travel for the appointee and family members, way good parties, etc.

Peace and Love,
Jack Burton

No comments: