Friday, May 9, 2008

Jordan is a Superstar, Run, Sacred Truths, Source Teachings of Yoga, Rivers

Hey there!

I drove up to Portland to see Jordan and her dance team dance in a dance competition last Saturday. Jordan's team took first place and Jordan danced beautifully. It did my heart good to see Jordan dance. Jordan is a wonderful, 10 year old girl. I also saw a friend up in Portland last Saturday and that did my heart good as well.

Mojo and I just completed our first, orthopedic surgeon authorized run since I had my knee rebuild on November 1, 2007. I was lucky to have knee surgery when I did. Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good but I will take lucky and good. We did about 3 miles. I wanted to take it easy on Mojo. He is 10 years old and he was wearing his fur coat on a bright, sunny warm day. My knee surgery was only an ACL revision and a post medial corner repair. My knee feels good. I hope to go another 4 to 6 decades with the current body parts I have as long as I can keep them well maintained and operating well. My body works good.

I have something I just read I would like to share with you. Caroline Myss, PH.D. wrote it in her book, "Anatomy of the Spirit".
The Seven Sacred Truths of the Body and Spirit
All Is One
Honor One Another
Honor Oneself
Love Is Divine Power
Surrender Personal Power to Divine Will
Seek Only the Truth
Live in the Present Moment

I wrote the Seven Sacred Truths on a 3X5 card so I can memorize them and recite them every day. I find remembering good things makes me feel good. Lest we forget what Mark Twain wrote I will remind us, "Our inability to forget is far more devastating than our inability to remember." Mark also wrote something like, "When I was a young, I could remember anything whether it happened or not. As I grow old I only remember the things that never happened."

Tomorrow I am going to do a workshop called, "The Source Teachings of Yoga, An Exploration Into the Heart of Yoga". I know that title may not appeal to NASCAR fans but if the truth be known, I am not a fan of NASCAR. In fact, I am not a fan of any stadium event. I like much more intimate venues. Stadiums make me recall the Roman Gladiators of a few years ago. What I apreciate most about stadiums is that when Autzen Stadium is full, the pace of play on the golf course is more relaxed and the McKenzie River is less crowded. Of course many people who are not sitting in the stadium are sitting in front of a television with a beer in their fist. My point is that without the stadium, people may be out doing stuff in the great outdoors instead of stadium stuff.

Peace and Love,

Captain Jack Sparrow
Surrender personal will to love.

No comments: