Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Wizard of Oz, Do I Put Goddesses on a Pedestal, I Forget, Keep Sending the Energy, Iggy Pop, Frequency and Verbosity

Kahe,

Kahe is an Apsaaloke greeting.

Friday night I was honored to take my mother to an Upstart Crow production of “The Wizard of Oz.” at the Wildish Theater in Springfield, Oregon. My daughter, Taylor played the role of the Scarecrow delightfully. I was filled with love to hear Taylor sing the lyrics to “If I Only Had a Brain.” There is irony hearing this song sang from Taylor. Taylor is an honor student, planner, and problem solver extraordinaire. Taylor is a beautiful dancer and flopped around like “The Scarecrow” magically. I am filled with love remembering Taylor’s inspired performance.

I was fortunate to sit by Artemis’ mother for half of the show and Artemis’ daughter for half of the show. You may remember my ex-girlfriend Artemis from previous blog entries as the beautiful, goddess that drove up from Springfield, to McKenzie Bridge the night of intense headaches, seizures, and vomiting. The goddess loaded up my body in her SUV and drove me to the Emergency Room at Sacred Heart Medical Center in Eugene, Oregon over an hour away from my home. She pushed me through the zoo the ER was that evening and was influential in convincing me to have the emergency brain surgery Wednesday night. Remember, “There is nothing surgery nor drugs cannot make worse”, Jack Burton.

Fortunately I have very little memory of my pain from before surgery. I do remember Artemis’ selfless act of kindness that saved my life. “Our inability to forget is far more devastating than our inability to remember. When I was younger, I could remember everything whether it happened or not. Now, I only remember the things that never happened”, Mark Twain as I remember.

Iggy Pop Lyrics as re-arranged and modified by Jack Burton,

"I'm glad I am crazy, it keeps me trying
I am skeptical of the trendies, I know they're lying

If you keep sending me positive energy I will use it positively.
The birds will sing a sweet melody in a couple of green indifferent trees
The sun will shine and give us a hug
The world will sing like a happy bug

You are going to know how fine you are
I am going to write your name on a violet star
I will use all the energy available to me
to produce a good result for the world, us, and me."

Keep Sending the Energy to me and others. I feel the energy and I am using it as effectively as my abilities let me. I am awary of energy as prayers, thoughts, feelings, actions, and I feel a positive intention like love makes the energy very useable. I do want to give back to you all in a positive, measurable manner. I plan on more frequent and less verbose blog entries. I do have material I can develop quickly that should be a quick, entertaining, in-offensive, inspirational, read for you all. I may throw in a thought provoking dig every now and then but if you want some real slanted views of the world I recommend the Fox network or Comedy Central. I shall endeavor to make most posts briefer than this one so you can quickly see that your thoughts and prayers worked and I am posting. Topics in the near future will be Dr. Goodknife’s gorgeous assistant, I met Another Patient, Politics Religion and Sex, Spring is Near.

It is not about me. It is about life.

Peace and Love,

Jack Burton
“Like I tell my wife, I only drive as fast as I can see.”

No comments: