Thursday, June 19, 2008

Thank Goodness for my folks, The Force Is with Me, Invisible Sun, Basket Case, Hope, I Won’t Back Down, Strength

Aloha from sunny California,

Thank goodness for my folks. Mom and Dad have made dealing with cancer nearly tolerable and continue to help me with life on a daily basis.

The physical, mental, spiritual, financial, and mental aspects of dealing with a hideous disease can seem insurmountable at times. So much so that I need to draw upon the Ancient Texts from a Galaxy far, far, away from a time long, long ago. My teacher Yoda said to me in the swamp of eternal muck, stench, and despair, “For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes.” Yes, Yoda has some good insights on life.

Excerpts from “Invisible Sun” from “Ghost in the Machine”, the Police

“It’s dark all day, and it glows all night
I face the day with me head caved in
Looking like something that the cat brought in
I don’t ever want to play the part
Of a statistic on a government chart

There has to be an invisible sun
It gives its heat to everyone
There has to be an invisible sun
That gives us hope when the whole days done”

As you can clearly see by my writing, the events of the last year have turned me into a basket case. I wanted to use the Police’s “King of Pain” lyrics in this post but I did not feel clever enough to write,
The MRI shows a new little light spot on my right temporal lobe of my brain today.
The spot could be dead tumor but we do not know for sure.
My current therapy may be working just perfectly to cure the glioblastoma multiforme in my skull.
There is a hopeful technology that creates a virus from my tumor and white blood cells. The virus technology makes sense to me and is being used in a clinical trial.
I have so many good people in my life I want to live for.
I love life and I want to live.
There is always hope if only a fool’s hope.


Tom Petty, “I Won’t Back Down”, Full Moon Fever
“Well I won't back down, no I won't back down
you could stand me up at the gates of hell
but I won't back down

Gonna stand my ground, won't be turned around
and I'll keep this world from draggin' me down
gonna stand my ground and I won't back down
Well I know what's right, I got just one life
in a world that keeps on pushin' me around
but I'll stand my ground and I won't back down

Hey baby there ain't no easy way out
hey I will stand my ground
and I won't back down
No, I won't back down”

Peace and Love everyone.

I am bouncing off the ropes and feel good. My life and quality of life are good. I do appreciate the help and prayers. I believe having something to live for makes for a beautiful world and by golly, gee willakers, test, test, sibilance, sibilance, I love life and I am looking forward to catching a beautiful rainbow trout and releasing it unharmed back to the river.

The Alarm, "Strength' Lyrics,
Who will light the fire
That I need to survive
Who will be the life blood
Coursing through my veins
Like a river flowing
That will never change
Someone write me a letter
I need to know that I'm still alive
Someone give me a telephone call
I need to hear a human sound
Someone open up a door
And let me out of this place
I've been caged up for oh so long
I don't know if I'm living or dying
GIVE ME LOVE
GIVE ME HOPE
GIVE ME STRENGTH
GIVE ME SOMEONE TO LIVE FOR

Be well,
Jack “Never Quit” Burton

No comments: