Sunday, February 3, 2008

A Transformation of the Wrist, Benjamin Franklin, Cycle 0, Auspicious Day, U.S. Department of Peace, Wow!

“Buffalo” Keith Code wrote “A Twist of the Wrist, The Motorcycle Road Racers Handbook”. Wild Jack Burton believes that the motorcycle specific truths that Keith writes about can be applied to other aspects of life.

“Observing is the Basis of Change” is one of the motorcycle racing concepts in the book. I paraphrase other writers because as an artist, I find wordsmithing fun. The starting point for change is by observing what you do.

“Don’t Badmouth Yourself” or a positive way of saying that is to “add to correct actions and drop the incorrect”. If you are doing what you love, you are already doing more right than wrong. Observe yourself and forgive yourself for mistakes. I believe we are all perfect human beings. As perfect human beings we make mistakes. Mistakes are in our nature. Mistakes are what we do. I choose to observe, learn, forgive, and move on when mistakes are made.

“He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else.”
“We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.”
, Benjamin Franklin.

Cycle 0 of chemo therapy and radiation treatments ends Tuesday, February 5, 2008. I have nothing planned for the end of chemotherapy and radiation treatments Cycle 0. I do have a 14 day break between my next cycle of chemo I hope will give my body a chance to get clean.

I plotted my chemo cycles out on my Franklin Quest, Day Timer calendar. Cycle 12 ends on the auspicious day of December 25, 2008. I am unsure of the cosmic significance of that date but the date rings well with me and I am striving for a good result from the efforts to cure cancer. I have received very good support from friends, family, coworkers, caregivers, and my community.

A friend wrote me a letter and I would like to share some of the thoughts with you. I don't know if you are familiar with Marianne Williamson. She is a writer and lecturer, mainly related to A Course in Miracles. One of her goals is to create a U.S. Department of Peace. Such a department could just produce some of the Earth’s finer moments.

Wow! Just think of it. How cool would it be to have a cabinet level position whose goal was to promote peace in the world? Jesus, the Budha, Mahatma Gandhi, Albert Einstein, George Washington, other very smart, loving, and cool beings, and I think it is a way cool idea.

Peace and Love
Jack Burton
Look at where you want to go. Establish and use reference points. Observe the entire scene.

No comments: