Sunday, February 10, 2008

Rules Shmules, McKnight Burton Banter, Pathfinders, Conversion, Point of View, Duct Tape, Dog Tail Amputation

It is a little difficult to see but the photo of the sign that reads "DOGS ON LEASH AT ALL TIMES" shows Mojo on a distance "sit/stay". I gave Mojo the command from about 20 yards away while defiantley saying, "Rules shmules. We do not need any limits, arbitrary expectectations, prejudices, or statistics do we Mojo? Let's go have fun and enjoy the beautiful day boy."

Mojo and I enjoyed the three and a half mile snowshoe and bare paw hike around suttle lake while my most excellent, licensed, massage therapist, Marilyn Magic Hands worked on a couple of clients for the Lodge at Suttle Lake. Mojo and I drove Magic to Suttle Lake in my super cool, white, 1993 Nissan Xtra Cab 4X4 with the Oregon Salmon plates that reads "BITEME". It is a good thing Mojo and I offered our skillful services because the road getting into Suttle Lake had over a foot deep, soft, and slippery. Highway 20 was also a snowy, slippery, mess, and no place for a nice person in a two wheel drive, passenger car.

The photo below shows Black Butte and a melted patch of Suttle Lake from the opposite end of Suttle Lake from the Suttle Lake Lodge. The Lodge at Suttle Lake is gorgeous and the food is good, http://www.thelodgeatsuttlelake.com/ . Magic gives amazing massages. Please treat me and yourself to a visit to my home soon.


This is mojo just standing around on a "stand stay" at the start of my hike. Mojo and I have been friends for nearly 10 years. Mojo will be 10 next month. He is a good dog.

Dave McNight and Jack Burton bantered today about religion, economics, and politics. I will spare you the details but I do enjoy discussing, debating, and even disagreeing with my friend. Respect goes along way in our relationship and there are no off topics for us. We agree on most anything of consequence.

Today we grappled with our opinions on economics, politics, organized religion, spirituality, fast motorcycles and the nuckle heads that ride them, and my barking dogs. We had fun discussion and I think we solidified our understanding that McKnight and Burton arrive at the the same truth often from different paths. After all, McKnight and Burton are Pathfinders.

I am a pathfinder. My path does not require me to to convert anyone to my way of believing, thinking, doing, or feeling about anything. I can show many alternative paths including paths that I enjoy. I am skilled and have fun finding falacies in peoples reasoning including my own, but I am not going to tell anyone what to believe.

I fixed my hood, bug and rock deflector with Gorilla Glue and Duct Tape. Not only did I save over $70 but I felt the satisfaction of problem solving and skillful implimentation. I believe the result will be asthetically pleasing as well. I used metallic, silver duct tape.

This is the very same duct tape I used on Artemis' Great Dane Jolly's tail. The vetrinarian's tecnique to fix a bleeding dog tail involved a 30 CC syringe container that was uncomfortable for Jolly and fell off. The veterinarian advised that Jolly's tail would most likely have to be amputated.

I accepted dog tail amputation as one of the many possible outcomes for dear, sweet, Jolly's tail. I felt I could improve on that outcome. Jack Burton came up with the idea of foam pipe insulation and metallic duct tape. Nothing likes biting into metallic duct tape and the foam pipe insulation is soft and light. Jolly has a full length, Great Dane Tail that whips through the air often producing sonic booms to this day. I practiced medicine without a license on Jolly over a year and a half ago.

Peace and Love,
Jack Burton
"Like I tell my dog, I only snowshoe as fast as I can see."

No comments: